1. Topic: Medical Versus Social Model
Explain your proposed approach for conducting the research necessary to develop quality deliverables and explain how the information gleaned will support your career development in health care management.
2. Topic: Senior Housing
· Reflecting on the focus and content of this course, what is an important challenge facing management of health care organizations today?
· How would you go about addressing it? Explain your answer.
3. Topic: Competition, Cooperation, and Integration
Collaboration leverages the collective knowledge of a health care team. Peer evaluation and support, provided in the spirit of continuous improvement and organizational success, result in higher quality deliverables than what is generally possible by the efforts of an individual.
You are an administrator of a long-term care facility and recently, costs have been increasing. Costs need to be reduced for your facility to remain competitive. Discuss each of the following:
· How will you organize your team to address the cost increase issue?
· What approach will you take to ensure collaboration of all groups across the facility?
· How will collaboration increase the effectiveness of reducing costs?
4. Topic: External Control of LTC
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was established to provide guidelines for sharing patient information, consent for treatment, and prevention of misuse of information in the era of electronic medical records.
What benefits of HIPAA can you see (or have you experienced) for both patients and long-term care providers?
What is 1 strategy or approach you would recommend that long-term care organizations must take when dealing with electronic medical records?
Provide feedback on strategies and approaches.