Individualized Fitness Plan
Using your fitness assessment analysis, develop a fitness plan with short term goals for this term as well as long range, lifetime fitness goals, using the FITT principle, and with an activity plan for the entire week. Your fitness plan should include activities and exercises you like to do! Your weekly fitness plan should include exercises/activities you plan on engaging in during activity classes you may have, during athletic team workouts if applicable to you, and any other activity you engage in throughout the week.
|For Important Health Benefits|
|Adults need at least:2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking) every week andmuscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms).1 hour and 15 minutes (75 minutes) of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., jogging or running) every week andmuscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms). An equivalent mix of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic activity andmuscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms).|
10 minutes at a time is fine
We know 150 minutes each week sounds like a lot of time, but you don’t have to do it all at once. Not only is it best to spread your activity out during the week, but you can break it up into smaller chunks of time during the day. As long as you’re doing your activity at a moderate or vigorous effort for at least 10 minutes at a time.
How do you know if you’re doing light, moderate, or vigorous intensity aerobic activities? For most people, light daily activities such as shopping, cooking, or doing the laundry, don’t count toward the guidelines. Why? Your body isn’t working hard enough to get your heart rate up.
Moderate-intensity aerobic activity means you’re working hard enough to raise your heart rate and break a sweat. One way to tell is that you’ll be able to talk, but not sing the words to your favorite song. Here are some examples of activities that require moderate effort:
· Walking fast, doing water aerobics, riding a bike on level ground or with few hills, playing doubles tennis, pushing a lawn mover
Vigorous-intensity aerobic activity means you’re breathing hard and fast, and your heart rate has gone up quite a bit. If you’re working at this level, you won’t be able to say more than a few words without pausing for a breath. Here are some examples of activities that require vigorous effort:
· Jogging or running, swimming laps, riding a bike fast or on hills, playing singles tennis, playing basketball
Your plan should include:
1. Your name
2. Short term goal (goal for this term)
3. Long term goals (goals for a lifetime)
4. Using the F.I.T.T. principle map out your fitness plan using a table – don’t forget to include flexibility exercises (see example below). Your FITT plan should align with the minimum standards set by the CDC (see above).
|Frequency(How often?)||Intensity level(Heart rate?)||Type(Activity?)||Time(How long?)|
|5 days/week||vigorous||Running||30 minutes|
|2 days/week||3 sets of 12 – see muscle/muscle groups||Weights – free & machine||45 minutes|
|3 days/week||500 yards/15 minutes||swimming||15 minutes|
|2 days/week||50% of max||volleyball||90 minutes|
|Everyday||4 MPH||dog walking||30 – 60 minutes|
|Daily||15 – 20 seconds||Yoga||20 minutes|
|4 days/week||to muscle failure||abdominal crunches||15 minutes|
|1 day/week||moderate||Hiking||120 minutes|
5. List specific muscle/muscle groups target areas for resistance training, for example: arms – biceps and triceps, chest, back, shoulders, abdominals, legs – (quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves). Make sure you include the number of sets and reps.
6. Now make a spreadsheet for the week and plug into each day when you are going to engage in each activity.
You will be graded on the thoroughness of your plan. This assignment is worth 10 pts. Please do not submit this assignment electronically.